Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) – Adults
Assertive Community Treatment Services (ACT) help you manage symptoms, set goals, and build skills so you can live in your own home in the community. ACT services focus on recovery, helping you increase your independence, so your illness doesn’t dominate your life.
Helping You Reach Your Goals
Finding a place to live, taking medications, getting groceries, caring for your health, getting a job…When you have schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression or another psychiatric illness, getting help to meet your everyday needs can help you reach your goals.
Assertive Community Treatment Services are:
- Flexible and time-unlimited. Get services for as long or as little as you need them.
- Accessible. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week.
- Available when and where you need them…maybe that’s at home or at your Doctor’s office.
- Team-based. A team of specialists including a Psychiatrist provide all services.
Assertive Community Treatment Services will help you:
- Find and keep an affordable place to live.
- Develop symptom management skills.
- Learn the skills needed to maintain your household (cleaning, paying bills, shopping, cooking, etc.)
- Understand and maintain an effective medication program.
- Explore and pursue work, school, or volunteer opportunities.
- Address concerns and coordinate medical/dental care.
Getting ACT Services
Talk with your Case Manager, hospital Social Worker, or Care Manager. Don’t have one? Call us at 651.291.0067.
Our ACT services are accredited by CARF.
Free language assistance and interpreter services are available.
Guild Incorporated complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.