Securing a Place to Live
If you need housing now, contact the program for the county you live in:
- Dakota County: Contact the Dakota County Crisis Program. Crisis Line: 952-891-7171
- Hennepin County Homeless Shelter Resources: single adults in need of emergency shelter should apply at: Century Plaza, 330 S. 12th St, Minneapolis, MN, 3rd floor, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Ramsey County Housing Crisis Response: provides housing services and support for Ramsey County families, single adults, and youth who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless.
- Families: 651.215.2262, calls are answered Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30
- Youth services: 651.224.9644, calls are answered Monday-Friday 10:00-8:00
- Single Adults: 651.288.4717, appointments are needed and must be scheduled through the Housing Screener
- Washington County Homelessness Response System: Contact Washington County Community Services, 651-430-6455
You can also check the statewide list of Shelters and Emergency Housing.
To learn about other housing resources and how to apply:
- see pages 18-19 of NAMI’s Hope for Recovery booklet.