Mental Health Crisis Resources

Mental Health Crisis Resources

If you or your family member is experiencing a crisis (feeling suicidal, psychotic, exhibiting out of control behavior or threatening to harm themselves or others) and need help now, county crisis teams are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

  •  Anoka:   763.755.3801
  •  Carver/Scott:  952.442.7601
  •  Dakota:   952.891.7171
  •  Hennepin:   Adults – 612.596.1223,  Children – 612.348.2233
  •  Ramsey:   Adults – 651.266.7900, Children – 651.774.7000
  •  Washington:   651.777.5222

Located in Saint Paul, MN, Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health offers walk-in crisis services for adults (ages 18 and older) in Ramsey, Dakota, and Washington Counties.  Call the crisis line, 651-266-7900,  for immediate mental health support, 24 hours a day. Crisis line staff might recommend a visit to Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health, or connect you with a mobile crisis team in your community.

View a list of Minnesota Mental Health Crisis phone numbers  – published and maintained by the Minnesota Department of Human Services,  this includes statewide county information if you are looking for resources outside of the Twin Cities area.


Housing Crisis Resources:

  • Dakota County:   Contact the Dakota County Crisis Program. Crisis Line: 952-891-7171
  • Homeless Shelter Resources in Hennepin County: single adults in need of emergency shelter should apply at:Century Plaza, 330 S. 12th St, Minneapolis, MN, 3rd floor, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Housing Crisis Response in Ramsey County provides housing services and support for Ramsey County families, single adults, and youth who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless.
    • Families: 651.215.2262, calls are answered Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30
    • Youth services: 651.224.9644,  calls are answered Monday-Friday 10:00-8:00
    • Single Adults: 651.288.4717, appointments are needed and must be scheduled through the Housing Screener
  • Washington County Homelessness Response System: Contact  Washington County Community Services, 651-430-6455

Looking for general information on how crisis teams work and how they can suppport your family?  NAMI Minnesota provides answers in their crisis resources.


Back to Resources for Families


You Can Help:

carf Charities Review Guide Star United-Way-Community-Partner