June 2016 Guild Matters: Through the Kaleidoscope: Our Annual Report
“It’s like the clouds parted. I could breathe. It wasn’t so dark anymore.”
That’s how Jen, an individual we serve, describes what it felt like to talk with someone from Guild.
For much of 2015, we’ve reflected on Guild Incorporated’s 25 year history talking with Jen and others to capture stories that tell us about our past, where we are now, and what we’re doing to create our future. Read our 2015 Annual Report.
Reviewing the stories is a bit like looking through a kaleidoscope. They illuminate how one slight turn can change the whole picture. Darkness becomes light. Shapes transform. Colors change. A completely different image comes into view.
“I’m pretty content. It’s the greatest sense of support.”
– Mark, individual served on what life is like today and getting help from Guild over the years.
With you – our stakeholders – we keep turning the end cap on that kaleidoscope. We respond, shift, and change to create the outcomes that we and those we serve desire:
- More than 2,200 individuals served across all programs and services in 2015.
- 699 new individuals and families (outside usual referral sources) responded to in one business day – a 9% increase over 2014.
- 92% of individuals at Maureen’s House for crisis stabilization discharged without high-cost hospitalization.
- 33% more individuals found jobs with help from Employment Services, an increase over 2014. Meet the team on page 8 of the report.
- We’re progressing in our work to serve as a Behavioral Health Home (BHH), a model that provides comprehensive coordination of physical and behavioral health care. Learn more in the Year at a Glance section on page 15.
“All along the way, Guild has looked for ways to innovate. Just continue on the same trajectory – keep innovating.”
– Sue Abderholden, Executive Director, NAMI Minnesota
These outcomes, reflected in our 2015 Annual Report, form a picture that is possible only because of your partnership. We are grateful. And your confidence in our stewardship is important. Call us 651-925-8450 with your questions, comments, ideas or concerns.
Thank you for your support and for celebrating 25 years of service to the community with us. Just think of what we can achieve together in the next 25!