Table Captain Toolkit
To support you in this role, we’ve created this online toolkit. Below you will find information and resources organized by event location and date.
As a Table Captain, you’ve agreed to fill a table of 10 people. (9 guests + yourself) Here are some helpful tips:
- We recommend that you invite 12-13 people. This allows for those with schedule conflicts or last minute schedule changes. If more than 9 guests are able to attend, we will do our best to seat everyone at adjacent tables.
- We suggest that you initially invite guests in person or by telephone. Then send a digital postcard to confirm your conversation with your guest. This combination of personal communication, supported by the time-saving means of email, generally produces the best attendance.
- We also recognize email and digital communications may be your preference for all communication. See the list of toolkit items below to support your needs.
This year, we are introducing “Gift Match for Guild”, an initiative to encourage attendees to check if their employers will match their donation.
See if your company will match your gift by using this handy search function.
At the event, we will have volunteers on hand to help guests determine f their employer will match their donation, but you can also direct them to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Thank you for sharing this information with your guests so that they can increase the impact of their gifts.
DoubleTree By Hilton Bloomington-Minneapolis South, Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Download the email version of the Bloomington-Minneapolis South Save the Date postcard invitation Just right click your mouse to save the PDF image to your computer.
- Download the Bloomington-Minneapolis South guest list form. Once you’ve confirmed your guests, complete the guest list sheet and send back to either Ajia Hagen or George Broostin by Wednesday, November 28, 2018. It’s important to return the completed sheet so we can make nametags for your guests. Return by email or mail to the addresses below.
- If you prefer to handle all of your communications with guests by email, include a link to the 2018 Bloomington-Minneapolis South Event page: https://guildincorporated.org/donate/ladder-of-hope-giving-society/table-captain-toolkit/2018-minneapolis-ladder-of-hope-event/
- Free parking is available in the lot surrounding the hotel. There are four entrances into the hotel (North, South, East, West) with parking near each entrance. Lots near the West (main) Entrance and North Entrance fill up first because they are closest to the lobby. We will have volunteers inside the hotel at each entrance to direct guests to the ballroom. Be aware that on the East side of the hotel, near the restaurants, there are some spaces that are restaurant parking only so advise your guests to be mindful of signage.
- Valet parking will be available at the West Entrance at an additional cost to the guest. This expense will NOT be refunded by Guild. The DoubleTree is pleased to offer valet services for luncheon guests at a special rate of $6 per car.
- Directions to the DoubleTree by Hilton Bloomington-Minneapolis South can be found on their website: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/minnesota/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-bloomington-minneapolis-south-MSPBSDT/maps-directions/index.html