Temporary Location Closures
We are committed to the health and safety of our clients, staff, and community. With that in mind, Guild has made the tough decision to close our Guild Saint Paul offices and our Community Support Program (CSP) in West Saint Paul until April 10th.
This decision was based on the spread of COVID-19, the CDC, Governor Walz and his recent stay-at-home order, and the Minnesota Department of Health. We believe that by acting now, we can reduce further harm.
While staff will be working remotely during this time, Guild staff will continue to provide services to clients, though the means will become more creative. From virtual meetings and phone calls to providing safe resources, Guild staff will continue to be there for our clients.
We are concerned about the health of everyone we serve during this time. If you are in a position to help our clients, we encourage you to:
If you have questions about COVID-19, you can connect with the Department of Health at 651-201-3920. Additionally, we recommend:
- Socially distancing when possible to reduce the spread of germs.
- Practicing good hygiene.
- Taking care of your whole self. Mind, body, and spirit.
- Utilizing virtual visits for appointments.
- Connecting with your doctor to refill your medications. We recommend getting a 90-day supply.
If you experiencing anxiety, depression, or distressing emotional health problems:
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and 1-800-273-8255.
- Call the Warm Line at 651-288-0400 or text “Support” to 85511.
- Connect with your county’s adult mental health line.
- Reach out to the Crisis Lifeline by texting “MN” to 741741.
- Call the SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990.
- Check out NAMI‘s online support groups.
Remember to prioritize your mental health during this time of social distancing. Stay emotionally connected by reaching out to support people, calling or texting friends and family, or using social media as a tool of positive connection.