Learning and Advocacy Opportunities
National Alliance on Mental Illness – MN (NAMIMN) works to improve the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families. You can reach them at 651.645.2948. NAMI-MN provides resources and information including:
- Free Support groups for individuals with mental illness
- Free booklets including “Hope for Recovery“ on navigating the mental health system in Minnesota and “Making and Keeping Friends“
Mental Health Association of Minnesota (MHAM) works to enhance mental health, promote individual empowerment, and increase access to treatment and services for persons with mental illnesses. You can reach them at 651.493.6634. MHAM provides resources and information including:
- An on-line screening tool for mood and anxiety disorders
- Self-care and advocacy tool kits
Mental Health Consumer / Survivor Network (CSN) works to transform, empower, and build connections in our communities by promoting recovery and wellness for people with mental illness. You can reach them at 651.637.2800. CSN Provides resources and information including:
- Warmlines: confidential anonymous phone lines (not crisis lines) answered by peers (persons with a psychiatric diagnosis) professionally trained to provide support.
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) classes: a nationally recognized approach to health and wellness.
MN Coalition for the Homeless exists to ensure the community supports are in place to prevent and address the root causes of homelessness.
MN Recovery Connection (MRC) connects people seeking recovery from alcohol and other drugs to resources that help foster and sustain long-term recovery. You can reach them at 651.233.2080. MRC provides resources and information including:
- Who to call for chemical dependency assessments
- Events and free classes in support of people in the recovery process
MN Association for Children’s Mental Health (MACMH) works to promote positive mental health for all infants, children, adolescents and their families. You can reach them at 800.528.4511. MACMH provides resources and information including:
- Support groups, classes/workshops, and community resource persons